Tuesday, March 9, 2021

How about some knitting?!

This week we're going to do some knitting videos!

We'll start with my own super-stretch and simple cast-on. Then you'll get to see how weird I hold my hands when I knit...


So, I will preface these videos by stating that I am a self-taught knitter in the days before YouTube or even the internet. So, I kind of made up my own methods for doing things. Some might be things that other people were taught as having specific names, but I just don’t know them. I also hold my needles in an unusual way. I have since learned there are 2 “common” ways to hold them. My way is neither of those, so I have no idea if it has a name either.

This is the booklet that I used to learn to knit:
But the diagrams that are in it for casting-on were too hard for 9 year old Arfy to figure out... or maybe I just didn't like doing it that way. Who remembers anymore?! So, I just did it my own way, and I seem to have stuck with it. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Offering Pattern Digitizing Services...

 So, I have already offered this in my Discord and have mentioned it in a few videos...  But, I want to make sure people know that I am more...